Monday, June 8, 2009

Academics and Sports

Life is finally sorting out, and I'm settling in to the busy schedule. I'll be getting my bus license next week. I'm listening to great speakers all the time and more and more realizing the state of colleges and culture today. Mr. Stonestreet is speaking on postmodernism at the moment. Tonight, students will be thinking upon femininity and masculinity. Then, small groups are after. If I could pay for my neighbor, Jawon, to come or go to one of the conferences, I would. I think it is that important. Life is communal, and there is a good sense of accountability. Sports times are intense, and we do much media stuff. Students hiked Pikes Peak yesterday (Sunday), and others went whitewater rafting. Despite all the academics, oh and the 180 question Bible exam, they don't want to leave at the end of the two weeks. For 182 high school- and college-age kids to say that, there must be something significant happening here. In general, I love the staff, have started a book on the theology of possessions, have great coffee everyday, and hike the mountains of CO sometimes twice or three times a week. It is a good break from life in NC. I'm tired, but rest is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment