Thursday, February 4, 2010

Classics Education

Today I begin my classics education. First, over the next few years or however long it will take me, I will work my way through the 100 classics of Everyman's Library. In general, I am not well read; ergo, I will read. I'm starting with 1984 by George Orwell for a few reasons. 1) I own it already. 2) It is first on Everyman's list. 3) I was born in 1984. 4) I was going to start with Dante's Divine Comedy but figured it would be too hard and archaic to start with that, so I was looking for a bridge to the past.

Second, I have also begun to tear up my fingertips on a guitar. My dream is to learn classical guitar fingerpicking, so I start by learning chords--A, D, G. These two endeavors will be my next big undertakings of life. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wishing you luck, especially with learning the guitar. Chords are a great place to start, some good reward in a short amount of time. Your blog is looking good by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete