Wednesday, October 13, 2010

shame in serenity of seasons

The weirdest sensation comes over me when I see fall leaves rustle about behind a moving vehicle. A tension rises in my soul when I walk a road through the woods and their leaves are strewn about in the wind and on the floor. Either it is that I grew up in a wood where there was no season change and nothing changed for new or death, or it reminds me that my life is still constantly changing. In the spring, I will be going to infantry school in Fort Benning, GA. On the other hand, there is a sensation of beauty and sublime that only comes in the West this time of year. Now there are some countries that in which I haven’t lived that hold this changing of seasons. However, for some reason I feel shameful for enjoying and desiring this beautiful serenity of seasons.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're going to be leaving, Poarch. But I love this entry... there's just, nothing like fall. "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." (George Eliot)

    ReplyDelete